Justice for Truck Wreck Victims
Huntsville, Alabama, Trucking Accident Lawyer
A car or pickup is simply no match for a 40-ton tractor-trailer. Likewise, the average person is no match for an insurance company. Attorney George Allen Moore levels the playing field with his demonstrated ability to win rightful compensation for victims of these devastating collisions.
The Huntsville law firm of Johnston, Moore & Thompson is committed to pursuing justice for those seriously injured or the families of those killed in northern Alabama truck wrecks. We have secured notable settlements and verdicts, holding truckers and their employers accountable for their negligence.
Prompt, Expert Investigation • FREE Consultation at 888.636.3759
From the tremendous force at impact, truck wrecks are more likely to cause catastrophic injury or death. Truck accidents claimed 122 lives in Alabama in 2005, and almost 2,000 other victims were seriously injured.
Holding Trucking Companies Accountable
Johnston, Moore & Thompson investigates the crash scene immediately to determine whether the semi truck driver or trucking company was responsible for:
- Driver fatigue or inattentive driving
- Speeding/driving too fast for conditions
- Violating traffic signals or "rules of the road"
- Hauling overweight loads that increase stopping distance and decreasing maneuverability
- Neglected maintenance (bald tires, worn breaks, broken lights)
- Negligent hiring or training of drivers
- Violating DOT regulations
Federal law strictly limits truck drivers' hours at the wheel without a specified rest period, but truckers routinely violate this rule because of pressure from employers. Drivers often keep two sets of logbooks -- one for payroll purposes and one for the state trooper if they are pulled over.
Trucking companies are heavily insured, but full compensation hinges on proving liability. We get investigators and accident reconstruction experts quickly to the scene, and we are familiar with the local roadways known for truck wrecks, including U.S. 231 and 431, I-65 and I-565, the Ardmore Highway and Highway 72. In 35 years of practice, George Allen Moore has handled many cases involving 18-wheelers, garbage trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- He obtained a $500,000 settlement for substantial injuries to a woman struck by an illegally overweight truck whose driver failed to yield the right of way.
- He secured a significant wrongful death award for the widow of a man who was rear-ended by a trucker who fell asleep at the wheel.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck wreck, contact George Allen Moore immediately to ensure that critical evidence is preserved. Call 888.636.3759 for a free case evaluation. We can visit victims at their hospital or home, and if we take your case we collect no attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you.